Resume for Shawn Wheeler
8564 W. Rue De Lamour ¨ Peoria, AZ 85381 ¨ (602) 466-8855 ¨firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Director of Technology
Areas of Emphasis – Education & Training
Executive Director of Technology with more than 15 years of experience in the Education Industry seeking a new opportunity. Extensive experience analyzing business and educational processes and overseeing the design, installation, and implementation of new technologies and systems. Well-developed skills managing department budgets, purchasing new equipment, negotiating pricing, managing vendor relationships, and supervising and training staff. Dedicated leader with outstanding communication skills and a proven track record of success providing information technology leadership for a school district with more than 40 sites, 30,000 students, and 3,000 employees.
Areas of Expertise
Design, Installation & Implementation of New Technologies | Learning Management Systems | Purchasing
Vendor Management | Budget Management | Technology System Upgrades |Contract Negotiations
Audio Enhancement, Bluffdale, AZ January 2012 – Present
A manufacturer of classroom amplification systems with offices throughout the United States and annual sales revenue of $20 Million.
Director of Innovative Technologies
· Manage the business development and business strategy for the SAFARI Montage/VIEWpath educational software product.
· Establish pricing, sell directly to customers, and train sales staff on how to position product and establish value with customers; provide pre-sale design support for sales team.
· Provided post-sale implementation and training support to customers.
Tolleson Elementary School District, Tolleson, AZ 2009 – 2011
A school district with 6 sites, 4 schools, 3000 students, and 250 staff members.
Executive Director of Technology
· Provided strategic leadership and direction for all technology used in the district for classroom and business operations.
· Created, tracked, and monitored a $750,000 technology budget.
· Specified technology needs and worked with vendors to obtain the best pricing while keeping the district within legal purchasing requirements.
· Managed and oversaw the implementation and installation of new and upgraded software systems and technologies.
· Managed and supervised 3 employees and 3 consultants; hired and trained staff on new technologies.
· Managed the installation of new technologies, including New Active Directory Domain, Exchange 2010, SharePoint 2010, Lync 2010, Data Protection Manager, SQL 2008, System Center and Configuration Manager, Hyper V deployment, Windows 7 and Office 2010 upgrades.
· Trained staff on SharePoint 2010, Lynch 2010, SMART Board Notebook Software, and Office 2010.
· Facilitated the purchase and implementation of a new Student Information System.
· Purchased and deployed the SAFARI Montage Video System and Moodle Learning Management System.
SAFARI Montage, Phoenix, AZ 2009 – 2009
SAFARI Montage provides K-12 school districts with a comprehensive solution for their digital media distribution and visual instruction needs.
Director of Systems Solutions – Western Region
· Provided technical pre-sales system design and configuration consulting.
· Managed and oversaw installation, implementation, and training.
· Facilitated administrative and end-user training.
· Collaborated with software development team and provided customer feedback on what features to add to future versions of the software.
Peoria Unified School District, Peoria, AZ 1993 – 2009
A school district with more than 40 sites, 30,000 students and more than 3,000 employees.
Director of Information Technology – Technology and Training (2004 – 2009)
· Managed and oversaw technology training for the district; supervised and led a team of trainers and 2 Media Specialists.
· Provided leadership to the district in new technology for classroom education and business operations.
· Specified new software and equipment, managed all site design and hardware, and performed maintenance of all public-facing websites.
· Tested, vetted, and recommended all education technology tools.
· Designed and implemented a plan to move the district web site to a Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server.
· Designed, planned, and implemented a training program to teach employees and students how to use Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server Services.
· Planned and managed the deployment of specialized technology projects including mobile wireless laptop centers and mobile projector carts.
· Co-authored the district’s Technology Policy.
· Installed and deployed the first Learning Management System; located, purchased, and implemented the replacement of the Blackboard LMS to the Moodle LMS.
· Brought podcasting and videocasting to the district; facilitated move to become one of the first school districts in the nation to broadcast and record all school board meetings live.
· Received Technology Coordinator of the Year Award by the Arizona Technology in Education Alliance.
Technology Training Specialist (1997 – 2004)
Technology Life Careers Teacher (1993 – 1997)
Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ 2001 – 2009
Ottawa University, Phoenix, AZ 2001 – 2003
Education & Certifications
Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ, Master’s Degree in Vocational Education
Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ, Bachelor of Science Degree in Technology Education
Arizona Teaching Certificate
SAFARI Montage Certified Designer and Installer